TAGBE! ("Things Are Getting Better Everywhere!")

The more I dwell on noticing the little things that are getting better, the more I notice things that are getting better. And consequently, that more things show up that ARE getting better. I pass them along and it's catching on. I hear more "TAGBE" reports all the time.

So here I sit, dwelling on the Gulf oil leak. What's to say? How can I say "TAGBE" in the face of such an event that seems so devastating? I asked for another way of looking at this.

Then, I recalled a night in March of 2008. Our little house caught fire in the early hours on a Sunday morning. The fire started outside, crawled up a wall and entered the attic. The fire investigator said we were only two or three minutes from dying in our sleep. We got out in time, thanks to our neighbors. My art studio was a total loss. Our house was destroyed. Our lives turned upside-down. It seemed like an insurmountable disaster.

After the fire department left, and we were surveying the remains, we created a Mantra... a statement of expectancy... and agreed to speak it at every opportunity: "We, and everyone we know, are going to be pleasantly surprised at how good we come out of this fire."

From where we sat, we couldn't see how that could ever be. But, say it we did... ever chance we got. "We, and everyone we know, will be pleasantly surprised at how good we come out of this fire!"

Many times during the clean-up, those words seemed overpowered by the stench and ruin of the event. Often it took a concerted effort to voice our Mantra. Hope and hopelessness were two sides of the same coin. But, voicing it gave it life. The more we said it, the easier it became. And the more evidence started showing up. The more we saw things getting better, the more encouraged we were to repeat our Mantra... "We and everyone we know, are going to be pleasantly surprised at how good we are going to come out of this fire." Sometimes, we plodded forward. Sometimes, we lept. Sometimes, it was all we could do to hold our ground and declare our Mantra. We just kept showing up and doing the next right thing... and reciting our Mantra,"We and everyone we know, are going to be pleasantly surprised at how good we are going to come out of this fire."

This morning, not quite a year and a half after that night, I'm writing this on our new computer, in our our new upstairs office, looking out over a 6-7 acre backyard lake. We wear new clothes, enjoy new appliances, own a new home (almost twice as big!) with four bedrooms (room for guests!), three and a half baths, and two-car attached garage... closer family ties... new friends, a state-of-the-art (pun intended) art studio-in-the-making, money in the bank... I could go on, but you get the idea.
It has come to pass, we, and everyone we know, are all pleasantly surprised at how good we have come out of that fire!

So, I'm re-thinking, and re-talking, the gulf oil leak: From now on, every time I think, speak or hear about the oil leak, I will say, out loud, "We, here in the United States of America, and everyone else on this planet, are going to be pleasantly surprised at how good we, and our planet, all come out of this." And I expect to start noticing how things are getting better. And I'll point them out in my TAGBE Reports. Stay tuned and send me yours to share.

"When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change."
~ Dr. Wayne Dyer

I invite you to join my TAGBE movement. Post your TAGBE Reports and pass along others. Imagine this going viral! It saved my home. It can save our home planet.

Repeat after me... "We, here, in the United States of America, and everyone else on this planet, are going to be pleasantly surprised at how good we, and our planet, all come out of this."

I welcome your comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog